SLA Boys 2016 Fall Recreation Program
SLA is excited to introduce a Fall Recreation program for the first time!
Participation is open to all age qualified participants regardless of skill or experience. New players are welcomed to register. Games will be 10v10 format with certified officials.
Teams will practice 1x per week (twice the first week) and play games on Saturdays. No games will be scheduled for Columbus Day Weekend October 8th.
Teams will be formed based on the following US Lacrosse age group criteria:
|Born on or after 9/1/2001
|Born on or after 9/1/2003
|Born on or after 9/1/2005
Teams are open to all players regardless of skill level or experience. SLA will be fielding only 3 recreation teams (U11,U13, U15) and team rosters will be 24 players maximum. SLA will provide coaches to lead practices and games.
$75 (late fee $20 begins September 11, 2016)
Register HERE or select the Registration Tab at the top of the page
Practice starts September 14, 2016
Practice Dates: Sep 14, 15, 22, 29, Oct 6, 13 & 20
All practices will be at the Embrey Mills Turf Complex at 1600 Mine Rd, Stafford
Practice times will be released once teams are formed
Games start September 17, 2016
Game dates: Sep 17, 24, Oct 1, 15 & 22
SLA will host 1 game and play 3 away games and attend 1 recreation tournament. Home games will be played at Embrey Mills Turf Complex at 1600 Mine Rd, Stafford. The away games will be against Code Lacrosse, Hanover, Powhatan and Chesterfield Lacrosse clubs.
Players must provide their own equipment.
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS (Items are mandatory to practice or play):
1. Lacrosse Helmet - No hockey helmets
2. Lacrosse Shoulder Pads
3. Lacrosse Arm Pads - SLA recommends arm pads that cover the whole arm
4. Lacrosse Gloves
5. Protective Cup
6. Mouthguard - Cannot be clear or white in color
7. Cleats - Plastic or rubber sole with cleats 1/2" or less in length. Recommend lacrosse, football, or soccer cleats. No baseball cleats.
8. Lacrosse Stick
9. Lacrosse Rib Pads (recommended for attackmen but not mandatory)
Goalie Equipment - players must possess all the equipment listed above plus:
1. Throat Protecter is required (SLA can loan)
2. Goalie Chest Pad (SLA can loan)
3. Goalie Stick (SLA can loan)
4. Shin Pads - Optional (soccer type only)